Broiled Salmon Auld Angus
|Salmon steak||1 (About 1 Inch Thick)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Whiskey||2 Tablespoon (Johnnie Walker Red Label)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine 1 tablespoon of butter, seasonings, whiskey in a small bowl.
2. Add bread crumbs and mix using a fork. Keep aside.
3. Heat broiler to hot.
4. Grease a broiler pan with oil or butter.
5. Coat the salmon steak with remaining melted butter on each side before placing it in the boiler pan.
6. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the steak, pressing lightly so that the crumbs stick and form and even coating.
7. Broil the fish 4-5 inches from heat source for 5-7 minutes
8. Turn the steak and press remaining half of the crumb mixture.
9. Return under broiler for another 5-6 minutes until fish is cooked and crumbs are golden.
10. Serve steak immediately accompanied by a fresh green salad on the side.