Glazed Salmon On Garlicky Greens
|Blackstrap||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 4 pieces (Skin Intact)|
|Fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Broccoli rabe||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Broccoli rabe||1 Pound, trimmed, roughly chopped, and rinsed|
|Spinach||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Spinach||1 Pound, trimmed, roughly chopped, washed, and drained|
1. Heat the broiler.
2. In a bowl whisk the molasses, lemon, and honey well.
3. In a small skillet Heat the peanut oil over low heat, cook together the cumin, coriander and cinnamon, for 2 minutes, stirring them constantly and add to the molasses mixture.
4. On a broiling tray Place the salmon, Broil the salmon 3 inches from the heat for 4 minutes, remove and brush it with the molasses glaze.
5. Return the salmon to the broiler, broil the salmon 2 minutes longer then remove, again brush it with the glaze and return to the broiler to finish cooking, approximately 2 minutes.
6. From the broiler Remove it, then brush one more time and keep warm while you prepare the greens.
7. In a Dutch oven over medium Heat the olive oil heat and saute the garlic, stirring constantly, until it is soft and fragrant.
8. Raise the heat to high and add the broccoli rabe along with a pinch of salt, cover the pot and steam the broccoli rabe with the water that clings to the vegetable's leaves, stirring it occasionally, for 3 minutes.
9. Stir the spinach with the other ingredients well, cover the pot, steam the vegetables until the spinach is wilted and the broccoli rabe is tender, for approximately 2 minutes and season with the salt and pepper.
10. On each of 4 large plates place one-quarter of the greens spreading them evenly around the plate.
11. To remove the fish from the tray, place a spatula between the skin and flesh of the fish and lift the fish from the pan, leaving the skin behind.
12. Place the fish on the serving plates arranged with greens and serve.
Calories 810 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.6 mg51.2%
Sodium 776.2 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.7%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 82 g163.9%
Vitamin A 548% Vitamin C 192.8%
Calcium 60.5% Iron 98.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet