|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salmon steaks||1 Pound (4 Steaks, 1 Inch Thick)|
1. In a medium (2 quart) microwaveable bowl combine first three ingredients.
2. Cover with waxed paper and place in microwave
3. Cook for 2 minutes until vegetables are limp.
4. Stir next three ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
5. In a large microwaveable baking dish arrange salmon, meatier portions towards the outside.
6. Cover with waxed paper as this prevents the fish from drying.
7. Place in microwave, setting power at 5
8. Cook steaks for 10 minutes.
9. Turn over and drain juices.
10. Divide crumb mixture equally, spooning it over each steak.
11. Sprinkle paprika on top
12. Microwave, uncovered for another 8 to 10 minutes, until fish is flakey when tested with a fork.
13. Allow the steaks to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
14. Serve the salmon steaks with a fresh tossed green salad on the side.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.6 mg30.9%
Sodium 110.4 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet