Tartar De Saumon Sauvage A La Croque Concombres
|Wild salmon fillet||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Table salt||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Dill||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soured cream||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||4 , freshly ground|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||3 , freshly ground|
|Pepper||3 , ground|
|Chilled caviar/Lumpfish roe||1 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Lumpfish||1 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Dill||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or 1 Small)|
|Soured cream||8 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the fish by removing the skin, stray bones, and any grey parts of the fish
2. In a large bowl, prepare the marinade by tipping in the sugar, salt, finely cut lemon zest, and 2 tsp finely chopped dill.
3. Mix well
4. Place the salmon fillet in a piece of cling film and cover with the marinade.
5. Close the cling film into a parcel and place it on the bottom shelf of the fridge for 12 hours
6. After 12 hours scrape off the marinade and wash off any salt residue from the fish. Use cold running water
7. Pat the fish dry
8. Cut the salmon flesh into 5-mm / 1/4-in cubes.
9. In another bowl, tip in the Dijon mustard, soured cream, pepper, lemon juice and remaining dill. Mix well
10. Add the cubed salmon and stir well.
11. Taste and correct the seasoning.
12. Keep in a cool place for 1 hour.
13. Prepare the cucumber salad by peeling the cucumber and cutting it in half lengthways
14. Remove the seeds with a teaspoon
15. Cut the two halves into very thin slices
16. Put these slices into a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for ½ hour
17. Wash the slices under running water
18. Pat dry
19. In a large bowl, tip in the white wine, vinegar, sunflower oil and pepper
20. Mix well and add the cucumber slices to the bowl
21. Set aside to chill
22. Before serving, prepare the garnishes by chilling the caviar
23. Prepare the lemon by removing the skin and pith of the lemon. The flesh of the lemon is then cut into small pieces and set aside
24. Prepare the dill by removing the leaves off the stem to form a frill
25. Plate the salmon by placing a 6-cm / 2 1/2-in diameter pastry cutter in the centre of a plate and fill it four-fifths full with salmon. Press down gently with a spoon.
26. Top the salmon with 1 tsp soured cream and smooth the top with a palette knife.
27. Gently slip off the pastry cutter.
28. Arrange the cucumber around the salmon, overlapping the slices.
29. Garnish the soured cream top with 6 triangles of lemon and put a little caviar in the middle.
30. Arrange the frill of dill leaves round the edge of the tartare.
31. Serve cold immediately
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.1 mg26.7%
Sodium 1391.4 mg58%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 20 g41%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 37.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet