Gaspe Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped (Fresh)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Whole wheat bread slices||16 (Thin Slices, Best-Quality)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Gaspe slices/Other favorite smoked salmon||8|
1) In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, chives, lemon zest and pepper together.
2) Trim off the crusts from all the bread slices.
3) Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter on one side of each bread slice.
4) Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over the buttered side of 8 bread slices and cover with rest of bread slices with buttered side down.
5) Halve the sandwiches diagonally and serve immediately.