Barbecued Salmon With Strawberry, Mint And Cucumber Salsa
|For strawberry mint and cucumber salsa|
|Seedless english cucumber||1 , finely chopped|
|Green onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Tablespoon, cut into thin strips|
|Seasoned rice vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), hulled and finely diced|
|For barbecue sauce|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless salmon fillets||36 Ounce (6 Pieces, 6 Ounce Each)|
1) In a medium portable bowl, add cucumber, green onion, mint and vinegar and mix well.
2) Seal with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Keep it in cooler.
3) In a separate portable container put strawberries and refrigerate. Keep it in cooler.
4) Prepare the barbecue sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Melt butter in it with garlic.
5) Mix honey, soy sauce and lemon juice and stir for 2 minutes.
6) Keep aside to cool.
7) Transfer into a portable leak-proof container. Carry a basting brush and fish-gelling rack along with.
8) In a portable container put the salmon, cover tightly and chill before packing in the cooler.
9) Before serving prepare charcoal fire.
10) Brush sauce on both sides of the salmon fillets. Arrange in a well-oiled fish-gelling rack.
11) Put rack over coals about 4 inches from the fire and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once and brushing with the sauce again after turning. It will take approximately 10 minutes cooking time for each inch of fish thickness.
12) Baste fishes with barbecue sauce again when its firm and resistant to the touch.
13) Open rack and with a spatula remove fish fillets and put into a platter.
14) Mix strawberries with cucumber mixture and serve on top of the salmon.
Prepare salsa shortly before leaving for picnic.
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.8 mg66.9%
Sodium 796 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 52 g105%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 93.8%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet