Sweet Sour Salmon
|Salmon steaks||4 (1 Inch Thick)|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemons juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Peel and slice onions.
2) Preheat oven at 325°F
3) Sprinkle salmon steaks with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4) Arrange in a shallow ovenproof dish.
5) Cover with onions.
6) In a pan boil lightly salted water. Pour over the fish barely covering it.
7) Seal with a foil.
8) Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
9) When done, remove the central bone without disturbing the flesh.
10) Take out the salmon steaks and place on a serving dish.
11) Strain cooking liquid through cheesecloth measuring 1 1/4 cups into a saucepan.
12) Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
13) Cook simmer over low heat until liquid reduces slightly.
14) Beat egg yolks in the top of a double boiler. Mix a tablespoonful of the reduced liquid. Blend and add all the liquid.
15) Place the bowl over simmering water stirring continuously till thick.
16) Pour sauce on the salmon and cool.
17) Chill for 2 hours before serving.
18) Serve with thin unpeeled slices of cucumber on top along with boiled potatoes and a crisp green salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1338 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.9%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 700.2 mg233.4%
Sodium 591.9 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g45%
Sugars 59.1 g
Protein 131 g263%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 105.1%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet