Salmon Au Poivre
|Salmon fillets||40 Ounce, skinned (4 Pieces, 10 Ounce Each, Fresh / Frozen)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Fennel seed||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Green peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Defrost the fish, if required.
2. Take a 4 quart Dutch oven, put 11/2 cups of wine, water, dilweed, tarragon, fennel seed and white pepper in it and let the ingredients boil.
3. Stir in salmon in the Dutch oven and cook for 10-12 minutes with the lid on.
4. When the fish starts chipping turn off the heat and take the fish out on serving dish.
5. Dispose the liquid.
6. Put 1/2 cup wine in the Dutch oven with green peppercorns and allow the mixture to boil.
7. Boil till the time, wine gets almost diminished.
8. Put cream and let the boil come again.
9. Lower the flame and cook until a thick sauce is formed.
10. Add salt.
11. Toss the sauce over the fish and serve warm.
Calories 930 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.5%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 320.4 mg106.8%
Sodium 255.7 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 60 g119.3%
Vitamin A 40.1% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet