Festive Poached Salmon
|Fish stock||1 1⁄4 Milliliter (750 Milliliters)|
|Whole salmon||3 Pound (Fresh, 1.5 Kilogram)|
|Green peppers strip||1|
|Vinaigrette||2 Tablespoon (Bottled Or Homemade)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Mayonnaise||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|For mango mint sauce|
|Canned mango slices||7 Ounce, drained (220 Gram)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped gherkins||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a small bowl for preparing aioli. Pour mayonnaise into the bowl and stir in garlic. Cover the bowl and place inside refrigerator for chilling.
2) In your food processor, add mango slices along with vinegar and mint. Puree the ingredients smoothly by slowly adding oil to the mix. Transfer the mango sauce in a separate bowl and cover. Put the bowl inside the refrigerator.
3) Take another small bowl for preparing remoulade. Pour mayonnaise and add capers and gherkins into it. Combine mustard and parsley with the mayonnaise. Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill.
4) Set your oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas 3.
5) Select a baking dish according to the length of the fish. Pour the fish stock and carefully place the fish inside the stock. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
6) Bake the fish for 30-35 minutes or until properly cooked. Remember to baste the fish in every 15 minutes.
7) After the fish is baked, transfer it to a separate dish and allow it to cool.
8) Carefully remove the skin of the fish, without disturbing the head and tail.
9) Place the salmon on a serving plate. Loosely wrap it with plastic sheet and put inside the refrigerator to chill.
10) In a medium bowl, place the red and green pepper strips. Drizzle little amount of vinaigrette and toss well.
11) Remove the plastic sheet from the fish.
12) Take the tossed red and green peppers to arrange around the fish.
13) Serve with chilled sauces.