Fish Pies With Smoked Salmon Prawns and Dill
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Plain flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Green And Whites Separated And Both Very Finely Chopped)|
|Egg yolks||3 (Save The Whites For The Meringues)|
|Dill||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Smoked salmon trimmings||120 Gram (1 Used The Budget Range)|
|Frozen bass/Pollack fillets||800 Gram, thawed, patted dry, cut into chunks|
|Cooked peeled prawns||190 Gram, thawed if frozen and patted dry|
|Potatoes||2 1⁄4 Kilogram, cut in to chunks|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1) In a saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add salt and potatoes to water and allow it to boil for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes turn tender.
3) In a large bowl, transfer the boiled potatoes by draining the extra water.
4) Add the green chopped parts of onion along with butter, milk and seasoning to the potatoes.
5) Mash all together to a smooth and lump-free consistency.
6) In another pan, pour milk and stir in butter and flour. Place the saucepan over medium heat and allow the sauce to bubble, by whisking continuously.
7) Add the chopped white portions of onions to this mixture and allow this to bubble for another minute.
8) Remove from heat and set it aside to cool by continuous stirring.
9) Stir in egg yolks, dill and smoked salmon and season to taste.
10) Use 8 x 300ml pie dishes or ramekins to pour the Pollack. Spread the prawns on top and spoon over smoked salmon sauce.
11) Spread the mash on top of the pie.
12) Cover with a lid and place inside refrigerator to chill for overnight.
13) Set your oven at 190C/fan 170C/gas and put the baking sheet inside.
14) Bake the mixture for 30 minutes or until it turns golden.
15) Serve the pie with the broccoli.
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g96%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.3 mg83.4%
Sodium 227.4 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.6%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 59 g118.3%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 166.8%
Calcium 33.5% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet