Little Grill Big Flavor: Embarcadero BBQ Salmon with SFQ Sauce
|Salmon fillets with skin||12 Ounce (2 fillets of 6 ounces each)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Granulated garlic||To Taste|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (San Francisco sauce used)|
1. Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat.
2. Rub the skin side of each fillet with olive oil and then season to taste with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
3. Make sure your grill grates are clean, hot and oiled up.
4. On the prepared grill place the fillets skin side down and cook for roughly 7 minutes.
5. Check if the fish sticks and if it does it is usually a sign it is not ready to be flipped.
6. Once the skin is brown and crispy check if it releases from the grill easily.
7. Turn the fillets over, paint with SFQ sauce on the skin side only and cook roughly for two minutes more.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.6 mg31.2%
Sodium 369.2 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.07%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 34 g67.5%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 2% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet