Smoked Salmon, Salmon Roe And Pasta Salad
|Limes||2 , juice (About 1/2 Cup)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon zest||1|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or To Taste)|
|Thin green beans/Haricot verts||2⁄3 Pound, trimmed|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed and dried|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed and dried|
|Dried tubular pasta||1 Pound (Such As Ditali Or Penne, Or Small Shells)|
|Pitted nicoise olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tiny peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Scallions||5 , trimmed and sliced|
|Thinly sliced smoked salmon||8 Ounce, cut into narrow strips|
|Salmon caviar||6 Ounce|
1. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. In a glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mustard, and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Put the quail eggs in a medium-sized saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove from the heat, drain, and rinse under cold running water.
4. Peel the quail eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Arrange on a plate and season to taste with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cover and refrigerate.
5. In a medium-sized saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the beans for 2 minutes, or until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry and set aside.
6. Remove the leaves from half of the cilantro and watercress and chop the leaves. Set these aside. Trim the remaining cilantro and watercress sprigs, wrap in damp paper towels, and refrigerate.
7. In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain well.
8. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl, add the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil and toss well. Stir in the lime dressing, chopped cilantro and watercress, beans, olives, peas, and scallions until well mixed. Stir in the salmon and caviar. Wipe the edge of the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until well chilled.
9. When ready to serve, garnish the salad with the reserved cilantro and watercress sprigs, and nestle the quail eggs among them. Serve immediately.