Whole Salmon Baked In Foil
|Salmon||10 Pound, cleaned (1 In Number)|
|Dry white wine/Equal parts lemon juice and water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried basil||8|
|Tarragon sprig/1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon||3|
|Rosemary sprig/1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary||2|
|Celery leaves||4 (From A Small Stalk)|
|Minced shallots/1 small onion freshly minced||3|
|Lemon slices||2 (With Peel)|
1. Leave the salmon whole or remove the head. Rinse under cold running water and place on paper towels to dry.
2. Place the wine in a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients, except the salt. Let the mixture simmer, uncovered, one-half hour without boiling.
3. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
4. Place the fish lengthwise on a long sheet of foil, bring up the edges and pour the wine mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Completely enclose the fish, crimping the foil to seal the edges tightly. Place the foil-wrapped fish in a large baking pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about two hours.