Salmon En Croute
|Fresh salmon||2 1⁄2 Pound, cleaned, head and tail removed (1125 Gram)|
|Prepared puff pastry||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Beaten egg||1 (To Glaze)|
1. Place the salmon on a heatproof plate. Cook on Microwave Power 360W, uncovered, for 10-12 min. Allow to cool.
2. Roll out the pastry into a rectangle large enough to completely enclose the salmon. Skin the top of the salmon then invert the fish into the centre of the pastry. Remove the remaining skin.
3. Brush the pastry with egg then wrap round the salmon, firmly.sealing all the joints.
4. Rinse the ovenproof plate and grease lightly. Place the salmon en croute on the plate so that all the pastry joints are under the fish. Brush the pastry with beaten egg.
5. Cook on the rack on Combination for 27-33 min until the pastry is golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2653 Calories from Fat 1183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g202.2%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 801.1 mg267%
Sodium 1403.5 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 249 g498.3%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 19.7% Iron 86.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet