The only time you should justifiably be scared of fish is when they have large teeth and a hungry look in their eye - cooking a fillet of fish is easier than you imagine - check out this simple recipe for the *perfect* Pan-Fried Salmon !
1⁄2 , juiced
1 Pinch, grated
1. On a work surface place the salmon skin side down. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
2. Flip it. Scrape off the scales if any. Score the fillet with a sharp knife and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Place the fillet skin side down. Let it cook till the skin begins to turn brown. Do not disturb the fish as it will break. Check it just once or twice.
4. Once the skin is brown, takes about 4 minutes, place it in the grill/ broiler and cook for a few minutes. Remove from the grill and place it back on the stove.
5. Put butter, let it melt and begin to brown. Pour the butter all over the salmon and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Add the lemon juice over the fillet. After 2 minutes, turn off the heat.
6. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the salmon fillet over steamed or grilled vegetables, garnished with lemon zest.
If salmon is what you wanna eat, here is quick salmon recipe for you. The chef in the video shows not only how to cook the salmon but also how to prepare it for making the dish. Just use some butter and a tinge of lemon and relish the tasty bites of pan fried salmon.