Salmon En Croute Recipe
|Chopped mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spicy brown mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh leek||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sear salmon for a couple of minutes on each side. Keep it aside.
2. Saute the mushrooms in the same skillet. When the mushroom starts to wilt, drop in the leeks.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drop in mustard and mix that in.
4. Pour heavy cream and mix that with the vegetables. Let the cream thicken a bit.
5. Add dill and cook the sauce until its the desired consistency. Set it aside to cool.
6. Beat egg with water to make egg wash.
7. Place your puff pastry on a floured surface. Cut it into two halves.
8. Spread about 1/4th of the prepared sauce in the centre. Place one salmon on top. Bring the edges of the puff pastry towards the centre and seal the fish completely in a pocket.
9. Brush egg wash over the pocket. Cut few slots on top of the en croute pocket.
10. Place the en croute in a greased baking dish.
11. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
12. Serve the Samon En Crroute with asparagus. Enjoy.
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg20.6%
Sodium 169.1 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet