Aubergine Omelette with Celery and Orange Salad
|Aubergine||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Celery sticks||6 , cut into matchstick strips|
|Oranges||3 , peeled and divided into segments|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Mozzarella cheese||100 Gram, cut into thin slivers (4 Ounce)|
1. Put the aubergine slices into a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Leave to drain for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Steam the slices over hot water for 3 minutes.
2. Mix the celery strips, orange segments and chopped mint together in a bowl. Spoon over the orange juice and season with salt and pepper to taste; toss lightly together.
3. Beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water, the chopped parsley, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the egg mixture into a non-stick frying pan and stir over a gentle heat, drawing the set egg mixture into the centre of the pan as it cooks.
5. Once the underside of the omelette is set, remove the pan from the heat. Arrange the aubergine slices overlapping on the top and sprinkle with the thin slivers of Mozzarella cheese. Pop the omelette under a preheated grill until the cheese melts.
6. Serve piping hot, cut into wedges, with the celery and orange salad.