Duck and Mango Salad
|Duck breast||3 (Boned)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) lengths|
|Celery stick||1 , chopped|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice||450 Gram (1 pound Cooked)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Light vinegar||1 Tablespoon (Preferably A Fruit Vinegar)|
|Corn and sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon, mixed|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||250 Milliliter (8 Fl ounce)|
1. Arrange the duck breasts, skin side up, on a rack and roast in a preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side.
2. When cold, remove the skin and cube the meat.
3. In the meantime, make the sauce. Place the egg yolk, whole egg, mustard, chutney, soy sauce and vinegar in a food processor and combine. Add the oil in a very slow trickle, then add the yogurt, a tablespoon at a time.
4. In a large bowl combine the duck meat with the onions, celery, orange rind, cooked rice and seasoning.
5. Arrange the mango slices on top of the salad and serve, accompanied by the sauce.
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.2 mg51.7%
Sodium 383.2 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet