Pasta Vegetable And Bean Salad
|Pasta||1 Bag (1 kg)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||1 Bag (1 kg)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Canned chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Boil and drain the pasta according to directions on the bag.
2. Cook the frozen vegetables in the microwave oven for few minutes until they are half cooked.
3. Mix the warm pasta with the vegetables.
4. Wash the canned chickpeas and the red kidney beans and mix them with the pasta and vegetables.
5. Add the sliced onions.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the lemon and the vinegar dressing.
8. Serve at room temperature or place in the fridge and serve cold.
9. Mix yogurt and mustard together and serve next to the salad for an extra kick in the flavor.
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.9 mg1%
Sodium 222.5 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet