Saturday Chefs - Niçoise Salad
|Albacore tuna||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Mixed salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sweet pepper||2 , seeded, thinly sliced (Maestro sweet bell peppers)|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved (Concerto grape tomatoes)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , chopped (Fresco seedless cucumber)|
|Eggs||4 , hardboiled, halved|
|Baby potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled, chopped|
|Olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Nicoise olives)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped (small)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard, shallot, salt, rice wine vinegar, and honey. Mix well.
2. Whisk constantly and gradually pour olive oil in it.
3. For salad, in a small bowl, add tuna and 3 tablespoons of dressing. Toss well.
4. Season it with salt and pepper.
5. Divide salad greens, pepper, tomato, cucumber, potato, egg, and olives into four equal half and lay them on serving platter.
6. Drizzle dressing on top of salad.
7. Top each serving platter with tuna mixture and serve immediately.
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 271.5 mg90.5%
Sodium 853.5 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 37 g74.3%
Vitamin A 117.7% Vitamin C 235.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet