Summer Berry Chicken Salad
|For berry chicken salad|
|Field greens mix||2 Bag (2 kg), pre-washed|
|Ripe strawberries||1 Pound|
|Pecan||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Gorgonzola cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
|White wine marinade|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 (for juicing)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Blackberry balsamic vinaigrette|
|Blackberry preserves||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. For preparing the marinade, chop the oregano and 2 cloves of garlic.
2. In a mixing bowl, throw in the garlic and oregano and add the white wine, soy sauce, salt, pepper and whisk them.
3. Place the chicken into this prepared marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix field greens with strawberries, and blueberries and keep them aside.
5. For making the blackberry balsamic vinaigrette, in a mixing bowl, add the blackberry jam, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
6. Add fresh orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Make sure to continue whisking the mixture while adding the olive oil.
7. Grill the chicken until fully cooked or inner temperature reaches 165 degrees and place aside.
8. Chop the pecans and mix with the berry-greens mixture. Add the chicken slices on the top.
9. Add the crumbled gorgonzola cheese and blackberry vinaigrette on the top.
10. Serve the salad in a serving bowl.