Japanese Salmon and Noodle Salad
|Japanese soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried somen noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sansho powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon fillet||1 Pound, skin removed (3)|
|Spring onion||3 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Lebanese cucumber||150 Gram, thinly sliced (1)|
1. For dressing, in a small bowl, add wasabi, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. Mix well.
2. In a large saucepan, boil water with salt. Drop noodles in boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain, and rinse noodles in cold water.
4. In a large mixing bowl, drop rinsed noodles. Pour sesame oil, and toss well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine sansho, oil, and salt. Mix well. Brush mixture on both sides on salmon. Set aside.
6. Place a large saucepan on medium flame, pour oil, and add salmon in it. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Baste salmon with oil mixture while cooking.
7. Transfer fish over noodles, and flake using a fork.
8. Sprinkle spring onion, coriander, cucumber, and half of the dressing. Toss well.
9. Transfer it to a serving platter, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg19.7%
Sodium 2534.2 mg105.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 31 g61.6%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet