This salad makes for a quick, easy and very healthy lunch idea. Feel better about indulging in those holiday pies and baked goods after eating this dish.
Lemon pepper seasoning
1 , zested, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 , cored, sliced
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat a grill to high.
2. Sprinkle olive oil, and lemon pepper seasoning over chicken. Rub to coat well.
3. Place chicken in grill and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and grill for 4 minutes on the other side.
4. Pop chicken on the top rack and continue grilling for another 5-8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degree when measured with a thermometer.
5. Meanwhile, for vinaigrette in a bowl, add lemon zest, and lemon juice.
6. Gradually pour extra virgin olive oil in the bowl, whisking continuously.
7. Taste and season it with salt and pepper.
8. Remove chicken from grill, and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and set aside.
9. Take a large salad bowl, add greens, chicken, apple slices, and cranberries.
10. Drizzle lemon vinaigrette on top, and toss well.
11. Serve chicken and apple salad immediately.
Squeeze lemon juice on apple slices to add extra flavor and also to prevent it from browning.
You can also add pecans to your salad if desired.