Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows you a great salad to complement your BBQ and an easy way to get more tasty veggies on your plate. The crunch of the corn, the flavor of the lemon dressing and the bright yellow... this recipe is wonderful for summer, or whenever you want to taste summer!! This is an easy dish to share at a cookout or picnic! It goes great on tortilla chips or you can eat it alone. The fresh taste is amazing!
Ears of corn
6 Large, shucked
1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned
Canned garbanzo beans
15 Ounce, drained
4 Tablespoon, finely chopped
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Lemon Vinaigrette)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM.
3. Grill corn, turning often, 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Transfer to bowl and cover with plastic wrap, 3-5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and let cool about 5 minutes.
5. Cut kernels carefully from cobs and add to large bowl.
6. Add radishes, garbanzo beans and cilantro. Toss with lemon vinaigrette and BBQ seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Serve warm or cold. Accompany with tortilla chips, serve as a side to bbq meats, fish or use as a topping if you like.
To make quicker work of slicing radishes, use a mandolin.
If not a fan of radishes fresh red pepper was is a great substitute.
Instead of the garbanzo beans, you cab use black beans as well.