Wegmans Grilled Corn, Bean and Radish Salad
|Ears of corn||6 Large, shucked|
|Radishes||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Canned garbanzo beans||15 Ounce, drained|
|Cilantro leaves||4 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Vinaigrette dressing||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Lemon Vinaigrette)|
|Bbq seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM.
3. Grill corn, turning often, 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Transfer to bowl and cover with plastic wrap, 3-5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and let cool about 5 minutes.
5. Cut kernels carefully from cobs and add to large bowl.
6. Add radishes, garbanzo beans and cilantro. Toss with lemon vinaigrette and BBQ seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Serve warm or cold. Accompany with tortilla chips, serve as a side to bbq meats, fish or use as a topping if you like.
To make quicker work of slicing radishes, use a mandolin.
If not a fan of radishes fresh red pepper was is a great substitute.
Instead of the garbanzo beans, you cab use black beans as well.
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 409.5 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet