Want a twist on the classic potato salad? Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows you a new potato salad recipe to complement your BBQ. This recipe does not only taste great it looks so cool too! So if you are looking for a healthy alternative to your beloved potato salad or are not a fan of mayonnaise dressed potato salads, then look no further. The colors are so appetizing, and the chives are the perfect complement to the other flavors! This one is perfect for summer parties, picnic, potlucks or just about any meal which calls for a side of potato salad!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Ounce, finely chopped
1. Place potatoes in stockpot with enough salted water to cover. Simmer (don't boil) on medium about 20 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain. Cool potatoes just enough to handle comfortably.
2. Slice cooled potatoes in 1/4-inch rounds. Place in serving bowl and set aside.
3. In the meantime, in a small saucepan, heat chicken stock to a simmer on medium. Whisk in vinegar, oil, and mustard. Simmer, stirring, until heated through.
4. Add stock mixture to potatoes in bowl and toss gently so as not to break the potatoes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper then add chives and stir gently to combine.
6. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
7. This salad can be served both warm or cold. Adding a chiffonade of fresh basil just before serving gives it an extra kick of flavor.
Add jalapeno if you like spice.
Make a day ahead and chill. It tastes even better the next day.