Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck gives you an introduction to the ancient grain quinoa and how to use it in a great salad to complement your BBQ. If you have been looking for a way to incorporate Quinoa and vegetables into your meal plan then this recipe fits the bill. Make this in big batches as this salad is great for a side for dinner or for lunch. It's so easy and a crowd-pleaser -- even the kids like it! It is the perfect recipe for summer meals. You will love that you're getting a complete protein without meat. And what a nice change for picnics from the standard potato salad.
Frozen sweet corn
12 Ounce, thawed
Fresh cilantro leaves
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced
2 Medium, diced (about 1 cup)
2 Medium, peeled, pitted, cut into small dice
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Lemon Vinaigrette)
Cracked black pepper
1. Cook the red quinoa as per directions on the package.
2. Drain and place in a bowl. Fluff with fork to separate. Chill well.
3. To a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa, corn, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes.
4. Fold in avocados and dressing. Mix gently until well-combined.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve warm or cold.
Making the salad ahead of time and chilling it helps to allow all the flavors to marry together.