Salade Olivier is Russian Potato salad, what makes this salad different than other potato salad? Meat, and green english peas turn ordinary potato salad into something special.
1 1⁄2 Pound
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
2 , boiled
1 Cup (16 tbs) (frozen or canned)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (ham, turkey, corned beef, any type of left over beef or corned beef)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Peel and boil potatoes cooking until tender. If you desire to have carrot in your salad add a couple of peeled carrots halfway through the potato cooking process.
2. In a separate pot, boil eggs until they are cooked through.
3. Allow the potatoes, eggs, and carrots, if used to cool before dicing into bite sized pieces and placing in a bowl.
4. In a bowl, add finely chopped onions, and a chopped dill pickle.
5. Add green peas and mayonnaise. Stir all together until well blended.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with a dill weed and serve right away.