When you think of a cabbage slaw or salad, probably a mayo-based dressing comes to mind but Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck takes a different twist in this recipe which is a great salad to complement your BBQ and an easy way to get more tasty veggies on your plate. It is light, crisp and healthy! Perfect for summer.
For the vinaigrette
6 Clove (30 gm), finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About Peeled)
2 Large, juice extracted (about 1/4 cup juice)
1 Tablespoon (or 1 teaspoon sea salt)
Cracked black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian Classics Campagnan)
4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded (about 1/2 large head)
5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded (about 1/2 large head)
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Food You Feel Good)
1. Make dressing by combining the garlic with lime juice and ume vinegar or salt in mixing bowl. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. Whisk olive oil into garlic mixture. Season with additional black pepper and salt, if desired.
3. Add chopped cabbage, cilantro, and dressing to mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Cover with cling film.
4. Chill in refrigerator for at least 20-30 min.
5. Toss again before serving. Serve as a side to barbecues.
To get more juice from the limes, roll on the counter with the palm of your hand prior to juicing.