Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows you a wonderful summer salad to complement your BBQ. A must try, This refreshing unique salad has that sweet yet and little tangy. Take it to a pass-a-dish party or picnic.
1. Combine pineapple, jicama, cucumber, and green onions in large bowl. Set aside.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, zest, and honey in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
3. Add dressing and hot pepper spread to vegetables; toss.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve immediately or chill before serving. It makes a great side to summer barbecues and for picnic or pot luck lunches.
Use a melon baller to remove the seed pouch from the center of the cucumber.
To get more juice from the limes, roll on the counter with the palm of your hand prior to juicing.
This light salad was quite easy to make and had great flavor. The Jicama had a nice crunch to it. The ingredients were simple but were a great combination. The hot pepper spread was a great addition. It is great for a different flavor from usual picnic salads.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.6 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 15.1%
Vitamin C 300%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Wegmans Pineapple, Jicama & Cucumber Salad Recipe Video