While Giselle Achecar makes her aphrodisiac-laden arugula salad, Ana Cabán stops by the EcoRico Kitchen to make her fab mojitos. Salsa dancing ensues...
For making salad
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Red bell pepper
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
1 Teaspoon, coarsely ground
For making mojitos
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For garnishing mojito
1. For mojito – slice lemons and put that in a muddler along with sugar. Muddle until all the juice from lemon is extracted.
2. For Salad – clean the arugula and red bell pepper from running water.
3. Slice finely the red bell pepper.
4. Spread the pine nuts over the cookie sheet and roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
5. For Dressing – in a bowl squeeze the lemons add in honey, garlic, pepper and salt. Mix well and set aside.
6. For making Salad – In a bowl take arugula, red bell pepper and scrape avocados.
7. Pour dressing over the salad and toss well.
8. For making Mojitos – in a glass take ice cubes, add in lemon and sugar mixture; pour in white rum and soda.
9. Add in mint leaves in the mojito and top it with lemon wedges.
10. Garnish salad with roasted pine nuts and serve with mojito and enjoy!