Nothing wakes up a winter palate like fresh green vegetables and zesty lemon. And, with Spring just around the corner, this bright tasting pasta salad is a perfect way to usher in the new season.
13 1⁄4 Ounce (1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate)
Sugar snap peas
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh or frozen)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (fresh)
2 Teaspoon, grated (fresh, additional for garnish)
3 Tablespoon (Leveled)
4 Cup (64 tbs), chop (arugula, spinach or a blend)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop (Optional)
1 Tablespoon, shave (Optional) (Optional)
1. In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Add sugar snap and green peas during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
3. Rinse with cold water drain again. Place in large bowl.
4. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, zest and salt in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
5. When cool, toss pasta and peas. Dress with the lemon dressing. Gently toss in greens and herbs.
5. Pile onto salad plates. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and additional zest, if desired.
For herbs, use one or a combination of: chopped mint, thyme, chives, basil, parsley or other favorites.