Who knew fruit and pasta would make such terrific pairing? This unique, kid-friendly salad is a delicious choice for a Summer picnic. But, it also makes a fantastic breakfast.
13 1⁄4 Ounce
Low fat yogurt
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Vanilla flavour)
1 Tablespoon (Optional) (Optional)
1 Teaspoon, ground
4 Cup (64 tbs), chop
Fresh mint leaves
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)
Flaked roasted almonds
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), slice
1. In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Once done drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place in large bowl. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together yogurt, honey and cinnamon.
4. In a large bowl toss elbow pasta and yogurt mixture.
5. Add fruit and mint. Toss gently to combine.
6. Sprinkle with almonds. and serve.
You can refrigerate leftovers nicely covered up to 1 day. (Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving if refrigerated.)
Either Greek or traditional yogurt can be used.
Choose one or more favorite fruits cut into bite-sized pieces. Suggestions: apples, blueberries, cantaloupe, grapes, kiwi, nectarines, peaches, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon.