Grilled Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad
|Tuna steak||10 Ounce (2 steak of 5 ounce each)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh baby spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned cannellini beans||30 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Red onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Sun dried tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (oil packed)|
|Regular salt||To Taste, divided|
|Pepper||To Taste, divided|
|Non-stick spray||2 Dash|
1. Preheat the grill, grease the rack with non-stick spray.
2. Season tuna steak with a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. For dressing – in a jar combine lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
4. Close the lid of the jar and shake all the ingredients. Reserve 1 tbsp. of the dressing for the fish.
5. In a large salad bowl take spinach, onions, beans, celery, sundried tomatoes and parsley.
6. Drizzle in the remaining dressing over the salad and toss well.
7. Place the tuna steak over grill rack; grill for 10 minutes, in between turn the sides.
8. Cut the tuna into pieces.
9. Place the spinach mixture in a serving plate, top with tuna pieces and drizzle the dressing and serve.
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg9%
Sodium 256.8 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.7%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 37 g74.8%
Vitamin A 89.3% Vitamin C 47.4%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet