Summertime Turkey Sausage Salad
|Sweet turkey italian sausages||300 Gram (3 sausages)|
|Spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grape tomato/Cherry tomatoes||8 , sliced in half|
|Almond||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Pear||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Yellow pepper||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 1/2 tbsp. for the dressing and remaining for the cooking)|
1. In a skillet on medium flame, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook turkey sausage for 10 minutes, turning throughout.
2. After sausage cools, cut into circular pieces.
3. In a small skillet on medium flame, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and cook yellow peppers for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, mixing thoroughly.
5. Place the spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar over it, toss well.
6. Add in half the chopped nuts, half the sausages, half the tomatoes, half the pear, half the pepper sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and add half the Parmesan cheese, to the spinach reserving the remaining ingredients for garnish.
7. Mix well so that all the flavors are blended well.
8. Transfer the salad to a serving plate and garnish with the reserved ingredients. Serve at once.
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.2 mg17.4%
Sodium 765.7 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.5%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet