Light Potato and Green Bean Salad
|Green beans||1 Pound, stem ends removed|
|Baby red skin potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), grated (For the Dressing)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (For the Dressing)|
|Spicy brown mustard||1 Teaspoon (For the Dressing)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon (For the Dressing)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste - For the Dressing)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste - For the Dressing)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (For the Dressing)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (For the Dressing)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (For the Dressing)|
|Scallions||2 Medium, chopped (For the Dressing)|
|Sundried tomatoes||10 Small, cut into ribbons (For the Dressing)|
1. To make the dressing whisk together all of the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil, sundried tomatoes and scallions.
2. Slowly stream in the olive oil as continue whisking to emulsify.
3. Stir in the scallions and sundried tomatoes.
4. Keep the dressing aside.
5. Add the potatoes to a large pot of salted water, bring up to a boil. Cook 20 minutes.
6. Add the green beans to the pot with the potatoes during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
7. When the potatoes are fork tender drain everything and place into a large shallow bowl.
8. Let it cool for 2 minutes, pour over the dressing and toss.
9. Serve Light Potato and Green Bean Salad with roasted chicken.
If you don’t want to make the dressing yourself you can substitute about ½ cup of your favorite Italian dressing but make sure it’s gluten free.
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 637.9 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet