This is the classic way to prepare Caesar salad. Most restaurants do not serve it this way because it uses raw eggs but those who do prepare it at the table to ensure its freshness. Make sure your eggs are fresh, preferably organic. Follow our steps carefully so the dressing blends well. You can make your own croutons by brushing olive oil on bread and toasting in the oven. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
3 Tablespoon, chop
4 Tablespoon (With garlic sitting in it for a few hours)
12 Ounce, cut
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Let the olive oil sit with the garlic in it so that it gets stepped with the garlic flavor.
2. For the dressing: In a bowl, mix the chopped anchovies and an egg yolk.
3. Next, using a strainer, strain the olive oil into the bowl, without the garlic.
4. Add dry mustard and lemon juice and mix.
5. In another bowl, add the chopped romaine lettuce.
6. Pour the dressing on the romaine lettuce.
7. Add fresh ground pepper and romano cheese and toss.
8. Finally, add the croutons and toss again.