A simple potato salad that features potatoes and hardboiled eggs. I also used parsley and chives from my garden. The dressing can be made with all mayo, or like I did, with Greek yogurt. I like this potato salad. It’s one of my favorites.
1 1⁄2 Pound
3 , hardboiled
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Greek Yogurt)
1 Dash (to taste)
1 Dash (to taste)
1⁄2 Tablespoon (fresh, chopped)
1 Tablespoon (chopped)
1. Heat water in a pot until boiling, place potatoes in a steamer and steam potatoes, until soft. Cool.
2. If you do not already have hard boiled eggs, you can use the following instructions to do so:
-1 T white vinegar
-Bring water to a boil, covered
-Carefully add eggs
-Cook 15 minutes
-Remove from heat and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process
3. When done cooking, cool potatoes and eggs (separately) under cold water.
1. Combine dressing ingredients as the potatoes and eggs cool.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes and eggs and add enough dressing (add a bit more if the salad won't be served right away).
3. Combine with dressing, gently stirring to blend ingredients
1. Serve immediately at room temperature or chill and serve within a day or two.
2. This salad is especially good served with homemade hamburgers, on homemade buns, with chips and homemade salsa on the side.
Since my love for cooking was inherited from her, how could I not use the show to say Happy Birthday to such a special Mom!? So I did. I used her Potato Salad recipe. I made a few adjustments based on what I had on hand, but also kept a few things that make it hers, even though it meant buying things like garlic powder and onion powder. I made it. It was really yummy. We are having it for dinner tonight, along with some roasted chicken. Mmmmmm