This is a salad my mother made when I was growing up and I loved it. I added the basil which gave it another layer of flavor. The taste is so bright so it pairs well with grilled meats. I tossed it with an orange vinaigrette. It's so easy to make your own salad dressing. Make a whole jar and put it in the refrigerator. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
Ripe firm tomatoes
2 , slice
1 , slice
1 Cup (16 tbs), chop
1 , squeeze
1. Slice the tomatoes and the onions.
2. In a bowl, add the 2 sliced tomatoes, the 1 diced onion and 1/4 cup basil.
4. For the vinaigrette: In a bowl, sqeeze out the juice of 1/2 an orange.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of dry mustard and mix.
6. Add the vinaigrette to the salad bowl and toss.
7. Serve as a healthy side dish with your main dish.