Salmon Salad with Sesame Sauce
|Cucumber||2 Medium, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Private selection rice vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Kroger reduced-sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon, smooth|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, toasted (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chop|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, chop|
|Salmon fillet||20 Ounce (4)|
|Private selection olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Private selection organic salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Place salmon on a tray, season it with salt on both sides. Keep it aside.
2. For salad, take a large bowl, and combine cucumber, 2 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, salt and sliced tomatoes.
3. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil in the bowl, and toss it well. Pop the bowl in refrigerator until serving. You may also prepare the salad a day ahead.
4. For sauce, take a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons vinegar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, and a tablespoon of water. Whisk them together to combine.
5. Place a skillet on medium high heat. Pour olive oil in it.
6. Insert salmon in pan with skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the skin shrinks and starts separating from flesh. Turn and cook for 4 minutes or until done.
7. On a serving plate, place salmon, and top it with cucumber salad.
8. Spoon sauce on top of salmon and serve immediately.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg24.6%
Sodium 651.6 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 32 g63%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet