1. Blanch, refresh and peel the tomatoes.
2. Peel and finely slice the shallots.
3. Keep the vinaigrette dressing ready.
4. With a very sharp knife, carefully slice the peeled tomatoes.
5. Lay into a shallow dish, sprinkle over the shallots and drizzle over some of the dressing.
6. Season to taste.
7. Add a few small basil leaves, cover with cling film and place in a fridge for 1-2 hours.
8. To serve the tomato salad, remove from the fridge, arrange the sliced tomatoes neatly on the plates.
9. Drizzle over a little more dressing and mill over a little more black pepper.
10. Garnish with a few fresh small basil leaves.