1. Wash and dry the salad leaves.
2. Place in a large clean bowl and mix together. If you can find any chard or baby beet leaves, the reddish leaves will help to show off the salad.
3. Make the balsamic dressing and store it in the fridge until required.
4. Remove any loose skin from the walnut halves.
5. Break the Stilton into bite-size pieces using your fingers.
6. Cut the top and bottom off the pears.
7. Cut them in half lengthways.
8. Lay them flat on your board and cut into long, thin slices and place them in a shallow dish.
9. Drizzle over the lemon juice.
10. Mix the dressing into the salad leaves.
11. Add the walnuts, Stilton and slices of pear and mix gently together.
12. Season to taste.
13. Squeeze a line or two of balsamic syrup onto the plate.
14. Arrange the blue cheese salad neatly on the plates.
15. Drizzle over any remaining dressing and serve the blue cheese salad.