Summer seems to have come a little early this year. The weather has been gorgeous, and it brings the delight of spending many a meal outdoors.
This is a very summery, crisp salad of greens, coated in a lemon lime vinaigrette and served inside an adorable cheese cup made from pecorino Romano cheese.
p.s. The cup can be made bigger if you'd like, just use more grated cheese for each mound
-add salt and pepper to taste to your dressing (I forgot it-I usually add 1/4 tsp)
Great for entertaining outdoors as a starter or even a side salad!
Pecorino romano cheese
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Salad green leaves
2 Bunch (200 gm), chop
For the dressing
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1. In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, dry mustard, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lime juice, season with salt and pepper, stir and combine all the ingredients, keep it aside.
2. Rinse and roughly chop the salad greens and keep it in a bowl.
3. Preheat the oven at 375 degree.
4. Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil.
5. In a bowl grate some pecorino cheese and then spread it in the lined baking sheet into small circles, press it down to evenly spread the cheese.
6. Bake it in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
7. In the meantime add the dressing in the salad, toss it well and keep it aside until needed.
8. Once done remove the cheese cups from the oven, keep a muffin tray handy.
9. Using a spatula remove the cheese and place it over the muffin tray and then using the bottom of a glass press the cheese done to form a cup shape.
10. Once all the cheese cups are ready, put some salad in the cheese cups and serve.
11. Serve the lemon lime summer salad in the crispy romano cheese cups.