French Goats Cheese Camembert and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
|Goat cheese/Camembert||150 Gram (1 log)|
|Prosciutto/Parma ham||50 Gram (5-6 thin slices)|
|Sweet potato||200 Gram, scrubbed (3 large)|
|Ground roasted cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Rocket lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the scrubbed sweet potatoes into halves lengthwise and then into quarters. The cut into long quarter in half again, to get 8 wedges per potato.
2. Place the potato wedges in a bowl and season with cumin, red chili flakes, salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or use a non-stick baking tray
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F (190 degree C)
5. Arrange the sweet potatoes wedges on the lined baking tray and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, check halfway through and turn over. Check with a knife to determine if they are cooked.
6. While the potatoes are baking, cut the goats cheese camembert into thin wedges.
7. Scatter the cheese wedges over the sweet potatoes, season with cracked black pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil and return to the oven for another 4-6 minutes.
8. In the meantime, chop the red chilies. In a bowl, add rocket, red chilies, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss.
9. On serving plates, arrange sweet potato and cheese wedges, spooning some of the melted cheese on top.
10. Top with tossed rocket and prosciutto slices, scattered on top.
11. Serve warm.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.3 mg16.1%
Sodium 888.3 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 186.4% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet