Three Bean Summer Salad
|Kidney bean||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 can)|
|Canned chickpeas/Garbanzo bean||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 can)|
|Yellow wax beans||12 Ounce|
|Romano bean||12 Ounce|
|String bean/Haricot vert beans||12 Ounce|
|Celery stalk||2 Tablespoon, diced (about 2 stalks)|
|Red onion||1 Large, diced|
|Fresh oregano/Fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon, removed from stem and chopped|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||4 Large, cut into wedges (for garnish)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large (Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing)|
|Apple cider vinegar||4 Tablespoon (Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon (Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing)|
|Green onion||1 Large, chopped (Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing)|
|Garlic clove||2 Large (Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Wash and cut the fresh beans and cook in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes. Rinse and drain beans then plunge beans in a bowl of cold water.
2. To roast the peppers for the dressing, cut whole bell peppers in halves of quarters; remove seeds and white membrane. Place peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up.
3. Place the baking sheet on a rack in the broiler of the oven. Broil until the skins are blackened. Should be 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cover the pan with aluminum foil and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. The steam will loosen the skins.
5. Remove the peppers from the pan and scrape off the charred peels with your hands or a knife.
6. To make the Roasted Bell Pepper Salad Dressing, add the roasted peppers with remaining ingredients for dressing to a blender and blend thoroughly. Set aside.
7. Drain the blanched fresh beans and place beans in a large mixing bowl.
8. Add the kidney and garbanzo beans, diced celery, onion, fresh oregano and rosemary.
9. Add 1 cup of the roasted pepper dressing and mix well.
10. Cover the bowl and allow the bean salad to marinate for at least 4 hours before serving.
11. Slice the tomatoes into wedges and let them marinate in the dressing.
12. Garnish the salad with the tomato wedges before serving.