A cool, delicious salad that's perfect for potlucks or any get togethers.
Head of lettuce
1 Large, cored and cut into pieces
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Thinly sliced celery
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Medium, thinly sliced
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Lawry's seasoning salt
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 Pound, cooked, drained and crumbled
Hard boiled eggs
6 Large, chopped
1. Place lettuce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish.
2. Add a layer of the frozen peas.
3. Layer the celery over the peas.
4. Top it with the layer of thinly sliced red onions.
5. In a bowl make the dressing with the mayonnaise, sugar, sour cream and the seasoning salt. Stir well.
6. Spoon the dressing over the salad.
7. Sprinkle the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
8. Fry the bacon, drain, cool and crumble it. Top the salad with the crumbled bacon.
9. Finally, layer the salad with the chopped hard boiled eggs.
10.Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.