Angela Shen, Foodie, Founder and CEO of Savor Seattle Tours, shares an authentic Vietnamese Recipe! Shrimp, lemongrass and chiles are key ingredients to this sweet and spicy salad. You can make it at home, or have it served to you on one of Savor Seattle's Summer Kaya
1 Pound, uncooked (patted dry)
2 Tablespoon, roughly chopped
2 Clove (10 gm)
3 Tablespoon, divided (1:2)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, grounded
1 Tablespoon, roughly chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
Golden brown sugar
1 Teaspoon, minced with seed
Red leaf lettuce head/Green leaf lettuce
1 1⁄2 Medium
3 Medium, julienned
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Medium, thinly sliced
1. Cut bottom 5 inches from lemongrass. Smash with rolling pin, and mince.
2. Rinse and tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
3. In food processor, add in lemongrass, shallots, garlic, cilantro, fish sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, white pepper and salt, and pulse until paste forms.
4. Add in the raw shrimp and pulse to blend. Use rubber gloves to shape mixture into 28 balls.
5. Place balls on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour and up to 1 day.
6. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat and add meatballs when hot. Brown on each side until cooked through, turning regularly, for 6-8 minutes.
7. For making Dressing – In a bowl add in the lemongrass, lime juice, fish sauce, cilantro, brown sugar, oil, and serrano chili. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
8. Arrange lettuce in bowls and top with carrots, cucumbers, and sprouts. Cut meatballs in half and top each bowl with 8 meatball halves.
9. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately!