Sugar Pie Pumpkin, Goat Cheese and Pepitas (Roasted Pumpkin Seeds), tossed with a fig-based vinaigrette combine to make this salad a Fall Taste Treat!
Sugar pie pumpkin/Any other squash
Extra virgin olive oil
4 Cup (64 tbs)
Fig balsamic vinaigrette
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (recipe given)
6 Ounce (herb cheese)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1. Quarter and seed pumpkin (or squash.
2. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast pumpkin on a foil covered baking sheet at 350 degrees - until tender (20-30 minutes).
4. Cool and remove skin.
5. Cut meat into ½ inch cubes
6. Toss pumpkin cubes, greens and Pepitas in a large bowl.
7. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
8. Add vinaigrette and toss.
9. Top salad with crumbled cheese and serve.
Notes - For Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, destemmed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup glazed, roasted figs (include sauce) – choose any fig sauce or prepared fig jam or similar
1. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl
2. Whisk until combined
3. Keep refrigerated until ready to use