Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Salad
|Sugar pie pumpkin/Any other squash||1 Small|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Wild green||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fig balsamic vinaigrette||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (recipe given)|
|Goat cheese||6 Ounce (herb cheese)|
|Toasted pepita/Walnut,pecan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. Quarter and seed pumpkin (or squash.
2. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast pumpkin on a foil covered baking sheet at 350 degrees - until tender (20-30 minutes).
4. Cool and remove skin.
5. Cut meat into ½ inch cubes
6. Toss pumpkin cubes, greens and Pepitas in a large bowl.
7. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
8. Add vinaigrette and toss.
9. Top salad with crumbled cheese and serve.
Notes - For Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, destemmed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup glazed, roasted figs (include sauce) – choose any fig sauce or prepared fig jam or similar
1. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl
2. Whisk until combined
3. Keep refrigerated until ready to use
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website
Calories 730 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g73%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.1 mg24.7%
Sodium 643.8 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 156% Vitamin C 37.6%
Calcium 50.2% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet