|Romaine heart head||1 Large|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Romano cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), freshly grated (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish)|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Crouton||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cherry tomato||12 Medium|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as per taste)|
|Ground pepper||1 Pinch (as per taste)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (freshly squeezed)|
|Egg||1 Medium, coddled|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
1. Cook bacon until crispy, drain and slice thinly.
2. Cut romaine hearts into 1 inch pieces.
3. Thinly slice green onions.
4. Grate Romano cheese.
5. Slice mint and oregano.
6. Thinly Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
7. To make dressing, put the oil, lemon juice, coddled egg, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk vigorously.
8. In a large salad bowl, add romaine, green onions, ¾ cup of the cheese, bacon, oregano, and mint Pour desired amount of dressing into the salad and toss thoroughly.
9. Divide salad onto plates, top each with croutons, sprinkle remaining cheese, and add sliced tomatoes
10. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
11. Serve immediately.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.8 mg17.6%
Sodium 376.1 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 150.7% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet