2) Cut the eggplant in half, place on baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes – until soft.
3) Remove from the oven, let cool, and scoop out flesh, discarding skin.
4) Mash the eggplant until smooth.
5) Add the tahini, the garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the cumin and mix well.
6)Season with salt, taste, and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, to suit your taste.
7) Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with parsley and olives if desired.
8) Serve with chopped vegetables, rice crackers or pita bread.