1. Combine the oil, vinegar, shallots, Sriracha, agave, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Whisk until emulsified, and then allow the flavors to blend and develop while you prepare the vegetables.
3. Peel the cucumber and score the entire surface lengthwise with a fork.
4. Cut in half lengthwise, and then cut each half diagonally into long slices about 1/4-inch thick.
5. Cut the iceberg lettuce into roughly 1-inch cubes.
6. Place the cucumber and lettuce in a large bowl, add the cilantro and the prepared vinaigrette, and toss thoroughly.
Sometimes minimal processing of ingredients produce a very high quality dish like this Cool and Spicy Cucumber and Iceberg Salad. In this video Vegan Chef Alan demonstrates the method of preparing this classy salad. He also shares some secrets about the benefit of spicy food.
Cool And Spicy Cucumber And Iceberg Salad Recipe Video